Initial Research Conference
A two day conference will be held in the summer of 2021 at the Graylyn International Conference Center (www.graylyn.com), one of the nicest conference centers in the country. The speakers will be the funding winners of both RFP competitions, and the conference is timed to occur shortly after the RFP winners are announced. Others in attendance will include up to seven members of the Honesty Board of Advisors, representatives from the John Templeton Foundation, the Honesty Project team members, Wake Forest faculty and students, and interested academics.
The purpose of the workshop is:
- to provide rich feedback to the project leaders before they begin carrying out their projects,
- to increase interdisciplinary engagement for all the projects, and also increase the interdisciplinary understanding of honesty for audience members, and
- to start building a professional network of philosophers and empirical researchers who are working on honesty in the hope that they will continue to interact in the coming years.
Final Research Conference
A three day conference will be held in in the summer of 2023 at Graylyn. The theme will be “Conclusions about Honesty: Results from the Empirical Sciences and Philosophy,” and it will occur at the end of the funded research from the science of honesty RFP competition and one year after the conclusion of the funded research from the philosophy RFP competition. It will also be timed to follow immediately after the summer seminar. The speakers will be the PIs of all the funded projects, as well as at least one member of the Honesty Project. Others in attendance will include up to seven members of the Honest Board of Advisors, representatives from the John Templeton Foundation, the Honesty Project team members, the 15 participants of the summer seminar, Wake Forest faculty and students, and interested academics.
The purpose of the conference is fivefold:
- to provide feedback to the PIs on their results,
- to suggest avenues for their future research,
- to educate those in attendance about the findings of the research projects,
- to disseminate the findings more broadly, and
- to deepen the professional network of honesty researchers which we have formed.
Videos from the conference will be available on the website at the conclusion of the conference.